Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Nation Now Turns to John McCain



In an email delivered last evening, Hillary Clinton spoke to supporters and suspended her campaign. The tone was less than rousing, and with good reason. A good percentage of those supporters who backed Hillary Clinton, did so because she actually had a plan, had the experience and the ability to be a moderate. She remains one of the best candidates the Democrats have put forth since John Kennedy and her supporters are savvy enough to know it. On the flip side, they also know that Barrack Obama is in the same mold as McGovern and Carter and Mondale, which gives them one other choice, and that choice is McCain (although I have heard Ralph Nader’s name bandied about as well as an increased interest in Bob Barr and the Libertarian party. In other words, those voters that were behind Hillary 110% will now be shopping elsewhere. She may also understand that wise supporters will not just fall into line because the party tells them they must.

John McCain is an open book to the American public. The only comment that I have heard regarding him that is at all negative is: “He’s a scary old man”. Ok, I’m a scary old woman! With all those baby boomers in denial, using 70 as the new 30, John McCain is in the prime of his life! I prefer age and wisdom to youth and inexperience any day of the week. Those boomers who supported Hillary Clinton will not be considering age as a factor. Although McCain was not this conservatives first choice, he has decidedly grown on me, as he will on millions of other conservative and moderate voters across this nation who understand what’s a stake – the preservation, not of the Republican Party, but of the nation.



Hillary Clintons Email to Supporters

I wanted you to be one of the first to know: on Saturday, I will hold an event in Washington D.C. to thank everyone who has supported my campaign. Over the course of the last 16 months, I have been privileged and touched to witness the incredible dedication and sacrifice of so many people working for our campaign. Every minute you put into helping us win, every dollar you gave to keep up the fight meant more to me than I can ever possibly tell you.

On Saturday, I will extend my congratulations to Senator Obama and my support for his candidacy. This has been a long and hard-fought campaign, but as I have always said, my differences with Senator Obama are small compared to the differences we have with Senator McCain and the Republicans.

I have said throughout the campaign that I would strongly support Senator Obama if he were the Democratic Party's nominee, and I intend to deliver on that promise.

When I decided to run for president, I knew exactly why I was getting into this race: to work hard every day for the millions of Americans who need a voice in the White House.

I made you -- and everyone who supported me -- a promise: to stand up for our shared values and to never back down. I'm going to keep that promise today, tomorrow, and for the rest of my life.

I will be speaking on Saturday about how together we can rally the party behind Senator Obama. The stakes are too high and the task before us too important to do otherwise.

I know as I continue my lifelong work for a stronger America and a better world, I will turn to you for the support, the strength, and the commitment that you have shown me in the past 16 months. And I will always keep faith with the issues and causes that are important to you.

In the past few days, you have shown that support once again with hundreds of thousands of messages to the campaign, and again, I am touched by your thoughtfulness and kindness.

I can never possibly express my gratitude, so let me say simply, thank you.

Sincerely,

Hillary Rodham Clinton


To learn more about John McCain and to contribute to his campaign visit:
John McCain.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you declare yourself a feminist and support a man that called his wife a c-nt? That word and feminism are at odds. Any man that could utter that word is clearly not pro woman.

Tina Hemond said...

Renee, perhaps being a woman from a country outside of the U.S.(Canada), you are basing your assumptions on what you may have read on a blog not exactly sympathic to Sen. McCain's party and therefore, likely to stretch a truth or even publish something that is patently false about Sen. McCain. Happens all the time. Additionally, your support for the Obama's may make you a tad less feminist and a bit more biased.

Frankly, that particular word hateful as it is)is used by both genders - and shockingly - even feminists who support Obama! Comments made about Hillary Clinton - by supporters in her own party - women, calling themselves feminits - in support of a man who is not qualfied to tie Clinton's shoeslaces, let alone run the country - would curl your hair.


Amazon Picks

Massachusetts Conservative Feminist - Degrees of Moderation and Sanity Headline Animator

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Contact Me:

Your Name
Your Email Address
Subject
Message