Wednesday, January 25, 2006











Whenever I am feeling
a bit left of center, I examine
the weather, or whether my current state of mind
has anything to do
with snow lining my drive; while my dearest husband is
14,000 or so miles away in a much warmer clime.

How do I rail against the sadness that envelopes me
while i shovel and scrape up the elements.
Simple.

I do not cry; as some might; lonely for their mate.
I buy another vacuum cleaner;
yet another set of Egyptian cotton sheets
(quite addictive)
and just imagine i might very well be
keeping the home fires burning.
melting the snow that is holding my soul captive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes Honey,
While I am forward deployed at the "Tip of The Spear",you are indeed keeping the homefires burning.
Your loving husband
Bruce


Amazon Picks

Massachusetts Conservative Feminist - Degrees of Moderation and Sanity Headline Animator

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Contact Me:

Your Name
Your Email Address
Subject
Message