Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Anniversary

It seems like only yesterday
The day I pledged my soul to you.
Such a cold, bright February morn
My infatuation with a veil;
Placed strategically over my face
To hide the anticipation and fear
I felt must be so evident

Anticipation for a new life, a new beginning
Two souls now one.
The excitement of love and friendship
Merged before God, family and friends
Calling all to behold who we had become
One force, united, unbreakable through eternity.

Fear of losing the identity of oneself
The control of individual destiny
To one another
Fear also that perhaps my choice in you
Was blinded by love
Your choice more practiced and practical
Foolish fears after all.

We encourage one another
To be who we are individually
To complement the total sum of
Our love and friendship.
I would not exchange one moment
Of our marriage, good or bad
Indeed, If allowed, I would follow the same path
Over and over
Though eternity.

No comments:


Amazon Picks

Massachusetts Conservative Feminist - Degrees of Moderation and Sanity Headline Animator

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Contact Me:

Your Name
Your Email Address
Subject
Message