Monday, July 31, 2006

Quick Thinking

Having never been the most graceful of individuals, it appears that I should be equipped with a warning label: "Likely to cause harm to self in simple situations."

In the blazing heat of the weekend and in a cookout setting, using less than perfect wisdom, a neighbor offered a carona, and against, better judgment (as I rarely, if ever, drink), I drank that beer. It was good.

Until, while attempting to remove a packet of foil wrapped ribs from the grill (a hazard under any circumstance), the packet slipped and my foot was covered in extremely hot barbecue sauce!

For what seemed like 30 seconds.

Until an orange slurpee (7-Eleven, best brand) froze my foot on the spot! My quick thinking friend gave up her drink of choice to douse the burn on my foot.

Those things are cold!

As the northeast braces for a week of extreme temperatures, and the fighting continues worldwide, it is a comfort to know that there are still individuals out there that will make what appear to be small sacrifices (I know how valuable those slurpees are) to help a friend or neighbor.

No comments:


Amazon Picks

Massachusetts Conservative Feminist - Degrees of Moderation and Sanity Headline Animator

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Contact Me:

Your Name
Your Email Address
Subject
Message